Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Starting Your Day Off Right

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I’m sure you’ve heard that a million times in your life! But seriously, breakfast is essential so try this fruit and yogurt parfait to jump start your morning.


Ingredients:
Strawberries
Blueberries
Vanilla Yogurt
Granola


Prices:
Strawberries: $3.97
Blueberries: $3.59
Yogurt: $2.19
Granola: $4.29
Total: $14.04


How To:

  1. Rinse all berries.
  2. Slice strawberries.
  3. Add a thin layer of yogurt in a bowl (I used a tubware container! Haha).
  4. Layer berries on top.
  5. Layer yogurt, layer berries, layer yogurt, layer berries until it’s up to the top!
  6. Layer granola to top it off.
  7. Eat up!!

Don’t let the price of the ingredients sway you away from trying this. They are enough to make way more than one. You could even eat it as a snack. It’s healthy, filling, and will start your day off right. There’s not really a set amount of berries or yogurt per parfait because it depends mostly on the bowl size. You can use any flavor yogurt and other types of berries if you want. Plus you can layer it in any order! Enjoy J

(Obviously not the one I made but just so you get a general idea!)

3 comments:

  1. This is my favorite thing to eat in the morning!! Definitely need to try it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i HATE eating breakfast early in the morning but this looks like it would be light enough for me to eat or even bring with me on the way to class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so lazy about making breakfast before my early am classes but I would definitely do this before a later morning class. Usually I just grab an already made one from Christine's. So good. :)

    ReplyDelete